Wheelin Around the Lake 2012
The Wheeler’s Spring Metric offers three courses of about 20 miles each. Each one begins and ends at a well-stocked rest stop at McLean County Comlara Park, home of beautiful Evergreen Lake. Riders can decide whether to ride 20, 40, 60 miles, or the 10 mile Family Route. Roads are sometimes challenging in the lovely Mackinaw River Valley, but the views are worth every pedal stroke. There’s a fair chance you’ll see white-tailed deer, red-tail hawks and other wildlife on your ride.
Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. All riders need to be on the road no later than 10:30 a.m.
Lunch will be served from 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Waiver and Release - Read Carefully
I request the McLean County Wheelers to allow me to participate in “Wheelin’ Around the Lake”, Saturday, June 12, 2010. In consideration of my participation in this particular event, I, the undersigned, do hereby agree to the following conditions:
1. I understand that bicycling requires physical conditioning and I represent that I am in sound medical condition capable of participating in the ride without risk to myself or others. I have no known medical impediments which would endanger me or others. I agree that I will be solely responsible for the condition and adequacy of my bicycle, safety gear, and riding equipment. I will ride within the limits of my own abilities, my equipment and the riding conditions and in a manner so as to not endanger either myself or others. I understand that helmets are required for all participating riders.
2. I understand that bicycle riding is a potentially hazardous activity and I voluntarily participate in it of my own free will and choice. In choosing to attend this particular event, I fully accept and assume all risks whether before, during, or after this event.
3. Acknowledging that such risk exists, I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE MCLEAN COUNTY WHEELERS, OFFICIALS, MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS. This waiver and release of all claims, demands, actions and liability shall include, without limitation, any injury, damage or loss to my person or property which may be (a) caused by an act, or failure to act, by Releasees even if said injury, damage, or loss results from the negligence of any or all of the above-identified Releasees or (b) sustained by me before, during, or after this particular event.
4. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from all lawsuits, losses, damages, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees and cost arising from or relating in any respect to my participation in this particular event or my breach of this agreement. This provision will apply regardless of whether or not the lawsuit, losses, or damages, claims, expenses, attorney’s fees and/or costs arises out of the negligence of any of the
5. If I am a minor, my parent or guardian is also signing on my behalf and we both agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
6. The laws of the State of Illinois will govern any disputes or other matters relating to this Consent and Liability Release.
THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT BE MODIFIED ORALLY AND MAY NOT BE WAIVED IN ANY RESPECT. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVER AND RELEASE AND AGREE AND ACCEPT ITS TERMS.