Questions? Contact the Administrator
KNOW THE COURSE
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT, IF POSSIBLE, ALL ATHLETES VIST THE COURSE PRIOR TO RACE DAY TO FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH THE MANY TWISTS AND TURNS, UP AND DOWNS, AND DOOR OPENINGS. The course will be marked, and volunteers placed in key safety areas, but each athlete is responsible to know the course. That is part of the fun and adventure of RUNderground.
There will be an athlete meeting at the Finish Line at 11:45 a.m. before the race. Since the layout of the course can be a litte tricky, and the Start a little tight, we need to go over a couple details.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE @ 8:00 P.M., FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2013.
You will be able to register at the OKC RIVERSPORT booth on Saturday, February 16th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
On-site registration is $30 and will be cash only.
Cox Convention Center
1 Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
Saturday, February 16, 2013 @ 12:00 p.m.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
RUNderground is a unique race that sends athletes on an adventure of approximately 5K (3.1 miles) through the underground tunnels of downtown Oklahoma City. Athletes will run up and down stairs and escalators, through narrow tunnels and buildings, and over skywalks on their journey through downtown.
RUNderground, which is being hosted by OKC RIVERSPORT, is a part of The Bart and Nadia Sports Health Festival. The Festival encourages families to take ownership of their health through activities that embrace Olympics and Paralympic ideals with an emphasis on sports, nutrition, and wellness.
The course has been altered from its original design that is shown on the map due to the power being off in one of the buildings on race day. The course is an out-and-back course that athletes run three times. It still starts and finishes at the Cox Convention Center. However, instead of running to the Federal building as planned, athletes will run to the Sandridge Building through the tunnnels. This new course is actually underground a larger percentage of the time.
To view the course map, please visit our website. This is the old map, but it will give you a reference.
IT IS ALSO STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT, IF POSSIBLE, ALL ATHLETES VIST THE COURSE PRIOR TO RACE DAY TO FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH THE MANY TWISTS AND TURNS, UP AND DOWNS, AND DOOR OPENINGS. The course will be marked, and volunteers placed in key safety areas, but each athlete is responsible to know the course. That is part of the fun and adventure of RUNderground.
There will be one aid station on the course. It will be located at the turnaround near the Start Line. Runners will be able to access it between loops. Only water will be provided. Please be careful when approaching the aid station. Due to the fact that it is inside, it will be a little slick. Bottled water will also be available at the Finish Line.
This will be a Championchip Timed Event timed by DG PRODUCTIONS. You will be given your chip prior to the race on race day. The chip is a single-use chip and you will be able to take it home with you to commemorate your race.
We will be starting all athletes at the same time. Due to the fact that the Start Line Area is very small, we encourage all walkers and families with small children to start near the back. You will still get a time. It will be a gun start and you will cross a timing mat to finish. We are doing this for the safety of all athletes.
Awards will be given to the Overall Male and Female and Overall Masters Male and Female. In addition, awards will be given one to three deep in the five year age groups depending on the number of athletes participating.
All awards will be presented on the Award Stage in the center of the Festival at approximately 1:00 p.m.
All athletes will receive a T-shirt. Register early. Shirts will be limited.
Packet pickup will be Saturday, February 16th from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the OKC RIVERSPORT's booth at The Bart and Nadia Sports Health Festival in the Cox Convention Center. The packet simply consists of your bib, chip, and t-shirt.
Come by and get your packet early and stay for the Festival. After the race, stay and enjoy the Festival.
FRIDAY PACKET PICKUP
In order to make things go a little smoother on Saturday, those who register before Thursday, April 14 will be able to pick up their packet from 11:00 a.m. until 3:000 p.m. in the northwest lobby of the Cox Convention Center. This is close to where the Finish Line will be on Saturday. The more of you who can pick up on Friday, the better.
There are several parking garages and street locations near the Cox Convention Center. You can also park in the parking garage under the Cox Convention Center or on the street if you can find a spot.
Volunteers are what makes these events successful. If you are interested in volunteering for this event, we would love to have you. To make it easy, you are able to register as a volunteer right here. All you have to do is fill out the form and we will contact you. If your family or friends are coming along to watch you burn up the course and want to be more involved, sign them up. We would love to have them. You will even get a cool shirt out of the deal. If you want more information about volunteering please contact Bret Sholar at the number or e-mail address above. THANKS!
Even though we realize that circumstances beyond a registered athlete's control might cause him/her to miss the race, registration fees are non-refundable.
Who are you registering?
Waivers and Releases (OKCBF & USA Canoe/Kayak)
2013 OKC BOATHOUSE FOUNDATION WAIVER
RIVERSPORT • CHESAPEAKE BOATHOUSE • ROUTE 66 BOATHOUSE • EXCHANGE BOATHOUSE • DEVON BOATHOUSE
IN CONSIDERATION of being given the opportunity to participate in any OKC BOATHOUSE FOUNDATION (Boathouse) activities ("Activity") including scheduled, supervised club activities, rental activities and registered regattas, during the policy term 12/31/12 – 12/31/13, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of Rowing, Kayaking, Dragon Boating, Fitness, Running, and Bicycling Activities, both on water and land based, and that I (or my minor child) _______________________________________________, is qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity.
2. AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part and that, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
3. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a.); ROWING, KAYAKING, DRAGON BOATING, BICYCLING, RUNNING, & FITNESS ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death ("Risks"); (b.) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my (or my minor child's) own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Releases names below; (c.); there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES incurred as a result of my or my minor child's participation in the Activity.
4. HEARBY BY GRANT to Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation and their subcontractors (which includes employees, agents, successors, licensees and assigns), the irrevocable right and license to use my likeness as photographed and/or videotaped during participation in boathouse activities; and to use or authorize the use of such images or any portion thereof in any manner or media at any time in perpetuity, and to use my name and likeness therewith, including promotion in all media.
5. I HEARBY RELEASE, discharge, covenant not to sue USRowing, USA Canoe & Kayak, the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation, Wheeler Dealer Bicycle, Schlegel Bicycles, Central Oklahoma Transportation & Parking Authority, Downtown Oklahoma City, Inc., Hornblower Marine Services, City of Oklahoma City, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating regatta organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises, on which the Activity takes place, (each considered on of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or allege to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise,including negligent rescue operations; release and discharge them from any and all claims whatsoever in connection with the use of my (or my minor child’s) image; and further agree that if, despite this release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the above Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damage, or cost any may incur as the result of any such claim.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.