Race Day Schedule - October 12, 2013
7:30am We open the 8 Hours of Payne packet pickup and Race Day registration
8:45am Call all runners to the start area and Final Instructions
9:00am Beginning of your 8 Hours of Payne
5:00pm The whistle blows and no NEW loop can begin
5:01pm The Upland kegs start flowing
6:00pm We hand out awards
The schedule above is time certain. Additional items may be added to the event prior to race day.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
WHEREAS, Indiana Running Company (“IRC") is operating an Endurance Trail Run hereafter called (“Event”) on the trails of Pate Hollow (A US Forrest Service Managed property) and Paynetown State Recreation Area (A property managed by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources) hereafter called (“Course”) on October 12, 2013.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of IRC and services rendered and services to be rendered in organizing the Event and in consideration of my participation in the Event, I hereby:
1. State that I understand that certain risks are inherent in running, walking, or hiking activities and that I fully accept those risks. These risks may include, but are not limited to, such things as exposure to adverse weather conditions, sprains, broken bones, cuts, bruises, allergic reactions, and other physical, mental, or emotional injury.
2. State that I understand and agree that no special arrangements have been made for the participation of children who may walk, run, or ride in strollers in the Event with their parent(s) and that IRC has no obligation to make such special arrangements.
3. State that I fully understand the risks and the scope of the activities involved in the Event, and I agree to assume the risks of my participation and/or my children’s participation in the Event, including the risk of catastrophic injury or death.
4. State that I release and fully discharge IRC from all liability in connection with my participation and/or my children(s) participation in the Event, for of on account of any injury to or illness of my person or death, or for or on account of any loss or damage to any personal property or effects owned by me and/or my children.
5. The participant acknowledges that the registration is only a license to participate in the event. There is no guarantee as to quality or any element of the scheduled event, that the scheduled event may be cancelled, shortened or altered due to weather, other acts of God, terrorism, or for any other reasons within or not within the control of the Hoosier Half Marathon and 5K in whole or in part, and there are no refunds for any reason whatsoever, and the registrant understands that these terms are a condition of the entry fee and agrees to register subject to these terms.
6. Knowing these facts, I, for myself, my children, heirs, executors, administrators or anyone else who might make a claim on my behalf, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST, AND FULLY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Indiana Running Company, the US Forrest Service, as well as any and all sponsors affiliated with the 2013 8 Hours of Payne Endurance Trail Run.