A women's slopestyle competition in Mammoth's Unbound South Park, specially customized by the Mammoth terrain park crew. Each rider will receive two qualifying runs, best score counts. The top five amateur and ten five pros will advance to the finals, where all riders will compete side-by-side. Riders will then be ranked and awarded according to division. There will be an overall award for best trick.
Judges will be highly knowlegeable and skilled snowboard aficionados. They will determine the winners based on amplitude, use of the course, difficulty, style and overall impression.
Winners of the event will receive not only fame and glory, but fabulous prizes as well. A cash pro purse will be divided betwen the top three as well as a cash prize for best trick. The amateurs will vie for the top prize of a one-year Nikita sponsorship. Top three will riders will also receive selected products from event sponsors. There will also be a raffle for Nikita Clothing and other items.
Nikita Clothing, Lomography cameras, Osiris, DaKine and Coal
Waiver and Release
In consideration of the services of Nikita Clothing and Mammoth Mountain, their agents, owners, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Nikita Clothing and Mammoth Moutain, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my
heirs, assigns, personal representative, and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in snowboarding entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: Collision with other participants, trees, or other fixed objects; falling down, my own equipment failure or the failure of others equipment; my own or others negligence; and objects or conditions on the riding surface that may cause me to fall; broken bones, sprains, head and back injuries, abrasions and bruises. Furthermore, Nikita and Mammoth Mountain employees and representatives have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participants fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate instructions or warnings, and the equipment being used may malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Nikita Clothing and Mammoth Mountain from any and all claims, demands, or
causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Mammoth Mountains equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Mammoth Mountain.
4. Should Nikita Clothing or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorneys fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer during my participation, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition that I may have.