Waiver and Release
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the class activities, related events and activities,
I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this class, additional activities and competitions is significant and includes, but is not limited to the following: drowning, near-drowning, sprains, strains, fractures, heat and cold injuries, over-use syndrome, injuries involving vehicles, animal bites and stings, contact with poisonous plants, accidents involving, but not limited to: paddling, climbing, biking, hiking, travel by boats, truck, car, or other convenience, and the potential for permanent paralysis and death. While particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury or death does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence and participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the instructor; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS, Watters Performance Enhancement LLC, Jeff Watters, Dori Watters, their instructors, officials, agents and /or employees, other participants, sponsoring agents, advertisers, volunteers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (:Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law
5. I further state that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this class or event and am over 17 years of age.
6. The Releasees reserve the right to postpone, cancel, or modify, the class, organized activities, or competitions due to weather conditions or factors beyond the control of the releasees, which might affect the health, or safety of the participants.
7. I further recognize that Muddy Watters Bump & Run Trail Series, Frozen Watters Trail Series, Muddy Watters Cider Slam, and Motor City Bootcamp are the intellectual property of Jeff Watters and Watters Performance Enhancement LLC. I will not attempt to copy, replicate, or duplicate Muddy Watters Bump & Run Trail Series, Frozen Watters Trail Series, Muddy Watters Cider Slam, or Motor City Bootcamp and/or direct, supervise, manage, or organize a race, event, or class that is based upon or is substantially similar to Muddy Watters Bump & Run Trail Series, Frozen Watters Trail Series, Muddy Watters Cider Slam, or Motor City Bootcamp.